Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo

Well, little ducks, NaNoWriMo Jr. (camp NNWM) is officially over, and I officially did NOT meet my goal. Since I wrote 1000 words ahead of time, I assumed I'd be fine with the low 12500. This didn't work out. I finished less than halfway there, with 6239. Boo-hoo. I hit a block today, but here are your chapters. My book is going to ruin.



THIRTEEN

Juliet?
Sarah Jane.
I need to talk to you about something. It’s about her.
Her? Oh, her. Yes, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about her, too.
Please, Juliet. Don’t antagonize me.
Who’s antagonizing? Tell me what you want to do.
I think we need to help her by...by...
You think we need to make another.
Yes... I mean, if you don’t want to then that’s okay, I just think it might be a little good idea but again if you don’t want to-
Sarah Jane Loisette Smith! Stop that!
Stop what?
This is the first time you’ve been submissive or passive-aggressive in your entire life. It doesn’t suit you. I agree with you. We have to stop this. You changed me. She changed you. If we can help each other to make a beautiful creature out of the best of us, she could potentially rub off on Jaquelin.
You’re beginning to sound like me.
Likewise, little sister. Do not ever become like me. I am the worst thing to ever happen to any of us.
Don’t be stupid.
It’s true. If I had been less of an experimentalist as a babe, none of this would’ve happened.
Oh, blame it on your grandmother’s boss, why don’t you? If he hadn’t placed her as secretary to your grandfather, your mom wouldn’t have been born.
Irrelevant. Also, try not to snort, it is not very becoming.
You want to talk about things that aren’t becoming? Look at yourself! Always blaming yourself for things that aren’t your fault!
...you’ve never blamed yourself before.
I’m not blaming myself. I’m just saying that maybe this one particular thing is less your fault than you think. That’s a first, I know, but... whatever. Screw it. I’m done with this.
Let us do it.
Nerd.

FOURTEEN
I think we may have started something. Sarah Jane and I carefully fished through our minds for anything pertaining to good and calm and kindred spirits and I really, truly think it may have worked. This is not to say that Jaquelin has calmed down even in the slightest, but that she may soon begin to notice herself warming to calmer feelings than she currently has. I don’t know if this was a good idea or not, but it certainly seems as though things are going slightly more smoothly than before.

This was a horrible idea. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it  at the start. I trusted Juliet, and now she’s about to get us both killed. I may hate Jaquelin, but she was mine and now she’s going to change. If she doesn’t, the child I share with my older sister - though she’s not much of one, if you ask me, the bossy twerp - is going to die. Jax used to say she would kill three people to take over. I think Juliet thought it meant she killed herself, but I don’t think that’s the case, and never have. She’s going to kill all of us, and it’s all Juliet ‘s fault. She calls me her sister, but she’s not mine and won’t ever be.

I don’t want to die yet.

Something is amiss here. I hear whispered conversation in my head instead of yelling from the two people in my body. They think they can hide from me, but nothing remains hidden forever. I will figure out their little secret.

FIFTEEN
It worked. The two of us are supporting a new little girl. Since we gave her no name, she can pick her own. I do not know that she understands that yet, however, because whenever one of us asks her what her name is she smiles and says “name”.

Jaquelin still has not figured out what is going on, but I think she suspects that we are trying to do something behind her awareness. I am having a hard time keeping Sarah Jane together. Since we gave the good in her to the baby, I think she may have reverted back to her old self. That is something we cannot have.

I am afraid of what is going to happen now. If the baby was the cause of my SJ’s return to judgmentalism and anger, what will she do to Jax?

I knew all along that this was a terrible idea. The creature I shouldn’t’ve made is a complete idiot, unable to talk or even have a stupid name. What the heck did I do wrong? This kid was supposed to make Jax better, and Juliet is hiding them from each other in fear of the future.

Fortunately for us, Jax still hasn’t found a way to get past our shielding for more than a few minutes at a time. I’m sure she’ll find her way out for good eventually, but the conspiracy against her is sure to distract her for a bit longer.

This can’t possibly be safe. There is no way this is going to work...

My pesky siblings are still trying to hide something from me, I know they are. I will not be denied. I will find out exactly what is going on. This is big. Hiding something big from me is even more inexcusable than trying to kick me out.

The only place I haven’t looked is behind them. As though they’d let me out. HA! I will find a way, I’m sure.

No comments: